Program Reviews

Five Leaf Pet Botanicals’ program reviews page is the customer focused part of our site, where customers offer reviews of our Heart Health Program as well as the details of their experience with us. Each day, people from all walks of life, with all different breeds and ages of dogs contribute their own personal success stories to Five Leaf Pet Botanicals. I want to assure you that these reviews are never altered in any way other than by correcting obvious spelling mistakes. All emails, letters and photos were submitted voluntarily. They’re all kept on file and verified by a third party.

There’s a good reason why so many people decide to share their stories with us. The Canine Heart Health Program not only works, it’s the best natural support you can give your dog with heart problems. But don’t take my word for it, just read the incredible stories from real people below, and visit this page regularly to read the latest Canine Heart Health program reviews.

To submit your own review, please click here.


We are overjoyed that Gilly just turned 8, thanks to Amanda’s miraculous products! Four years ago he was given three months to live with a diagnosis of Dilated Cardiomyopathy which devastated us. Since being on a steady diet of heart healthy supplements from Five Leaf, our Vet says that his heart looks wonderful on recent ultrasounds. Gilly has been such a blessing to us, and the early news that we would lose him was heartbreaking. We cannot thank Amanda and her team enough for providing Gilly with the products that turned his diagnosis around and has extended his life. What a gift you have given to us.

Linda and Mike Hogan
Laguna Beach, CA*
Gilly’s Veterinarian: Dr. Susan Davis**

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.
**This does not necessarily imply that Dr. Susan Davis recommends or endorses our products.



We adopted our little 15 yr old Miniature Pincher/Chihuahua Shana, 2 yrs ago. She came to us with an enlarged heart, a bad cough due to her heart, low functioning kidneys and she was somewhat weak. At the time we thought we were going to lose her. My wife Hildy did some intense research and found Five Leaf online. We changed her food to a raw diet and ordered a Canine Heart Health Package from Five Leaf. Within less than 2 weeks we could see the positive change. She was alert, cough was gone and felt much, much better. We continued with the herbs for 2 years and what a joy it was to see her perky and well. Sorry to say that we lost our Shana this past May. Her organs shut down but she lived to a ripe old age of 17. Thanks to Five Leaf, we were able to add 2 more years to her sweet life. Thanks FL.

Bob and Hildy Cordero
Oak Park, IL*
Shana’s Veterinarian: Pet Vets**

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.
**This does not necessarily imply that Pet Vets recommends or endorses our products.


Merty Jehn


Thanks to your wonderful products our 12 year old Chihuahua/Terrier mix named Merty is in better health now than when we adopted him three years ago! We started him on Canine Heart Health products as soon as he came home with us because he has a heart murmur. I actually feel and our Vet agrees that his heart is in good shape for a 12 year old.

See below for a photo of him with a big smile on his face. He needed lots of blankets to get through this past winter.

Best regards,
David Jehn
Jersey City, NJ*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Ariela Kirschner


My 14 year old teacup Yorkie, Ariela collapsed from severe congestive heart failure in October, 2011. The vet cardiologist put her on Lasix & a number of other meds, but said she was doomed to keep collapsing in heart failure. I put Ariela on this canine heart health program and slowly was able to wean her off all medication. She is as frisky as a puppy today, (April, 2014!)! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Diana Kirschner
New York City, New York*
Ariela’s Veterinarian: Dr. Moscovitch**

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.
**This does not necessarily imply that Pet Vets recommends or endorses our products.


Benny Paduano


Over 2 1/2 years ago my Benny had a heart attack. The vet wanted to put him on medicine, but the side effect was he would die within 3 months. My brother went through the same situation with his dog, and choose the conventional medicine and his dog died 10 weeks later.
Benny, today is thriving. Now he is passing a kidney stone, and he is back on the herbs. The Rena-Cleanse is helping him. Benny will be 15 in a few months. Now, my brother’s other dog is having heart problems, and had the “heart” cough all day long. He called me to find out what herb I was using. I sent him a bottle of the Hawthorne and the Heart Tonic. Within a few days the cough went down to one cough a day. Now, 4 weeks have passed and he cannot believe the energy his dog has, and the cough is gone. I have to add that I give the same herbs to my cat Lucy, and have done so for years. She will be 18 years old in May.

Linda Paduano
Chatsworth, CA*
Benny’s Veterinarian: Dr. Kim**

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.
**This does not necessarily imply that Pet Vets recommends or endorses our products.


Scrub McLeod


Our 9 year old Australian Cattle Dog Scrub was diagnosed over two years ago with a heart murmur 4 out of 5. As we live in the country we don’t visit the vet often, so it was a big surprise. We were given two weeks to decide whether to put him on meds , and you know the prognosis we were given – 12 months if we were lucky. I’d heard bad things about the side effects of medications, so looked elsewhere.
Found your internet site and decided to try treatment the natural way. Also found a vet who did acupuncture. After two months his murmur was down to 1 out of 5. Our vet teaches acupuncture to vets from all over the world at an agricultural college in Geelong. Scrub was such a success she invited him to be a guest ‘barker’. All the student vets were amazed at his level of energy and good health. Now he has no herbs, just the occasional visit to his acupuncturist! Getting older but still going strong hope the pic comes through. Thank you Amanda

Janet McLeod
Lorne, Vic, Australia*
Scrub’s Veterinarian: Dr. Ulrika Wurth**

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.
**This does not necessarily imply that Dr. Wurth recommends or endorses our products.




My little Gizmo had started to cough over two years ago. I treated him with some herbal tincture for coughs, but it never cleared up. My husband & I ended up taking him to the vet where we were told he had a heart murmur. The vet put him on the normal heart meds, but he became distant, acted like he was depressed, he didn’t want to interact with us, he just paced around the yard. I decided that I would look on the internet for another solution to his heart problem. Five Leaf was one of the places under ‘treating dog heart murmurs’ so I called and Amanda called back and I got Gizmo off the commercial dog food and got him a batch of homemade food. I got my kit in a few days and started him on it. It’s been over a year and my little Gizmo is still doing good. He plays with our other dog, eats his food with relish and is still one of the joys of my life. Thank you Amanda, you have used your gift to bless many troubled puppy owners.


Moriarty, NM*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.




Heidi just celebrated her 17th birthday – perky and bright!
In the Spring of 2011 I grieved with the realization that she was struggling through what were undoubtedly her last days. For many months, I had believed the growing signs to be simply old age- sleeping all day, lack of any energy, pot belly, increased thirst – then the wracking cough. Knowing that coughs can indicate heart issues I did a little (hopeless) digging on the net- wanting to make her remaining time as comfortable as possible. Although highly skeptical (and told by family that I had to give up false hope) I ordered a treatment package for heart health and immediately a) switched to making her food and b) initiated the water therapy treatments. Within ONE WEEK- before her supplements even arrived- there was a noticeable improvement- she seemed to be rousing a bit! With the addition of the supplement tonics Heidi- over the course of about 5 months- gave up the excessive drinking and lost her little pot belly; QUIT the cough (!!!!) and started spending her days awake and downright perky again! Amanda was so knowledgeable and kind in advising me over the phone- Heidi and I both owe her our current quality of life, and remain die hard customers for life. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!

Christie Kleinhuizen

Bradenton, FL*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.




My 16 year old toy poodle, Brea, was diagnosed with both kidney failure and heart failure a few months ago. Both my vet and I didn’t think that she would live for much longer. Brea had stopped eating, lost 3 pounds, and was vomiting on a daily basis. I had a difficult time accepting the idea of losing her, and began researching alternative therapies. I came across several websites, but Five Leaf gave me the most hope. So many positive testimonials from people with pets in a similar condition coming from all over the world, made me at least want to give the products a try. I called the 1-800 number and talked to Amanda personally. Talking to a real person, who also happens to be the founder of Five Leaf, gave me much hope. Amanda was cordial, friendly, and most importantly, gave me customized advise regarding Brea’s specific condition.

Five Leaf has not and will not pay me for this testimonial. I am compelled to write, only because my pet has recovered her quality of life, her happiness, and is still around. I would like to see pets in similar condition being offered a chance to recover their health. That’s all.

On March 2, 2012, Brea’s BUN was over 130 mg/dL (way high and off the charts. The normal range is between 7-27 mg/dL), the CREA was 4.0 mg/dL (normal range is between 0.5-1.8 mg/dL), and her ALT was at 347 U/L (normal range is between 10-100 U/L). After doing two 3-week cycles of both the kidney and the heart treatments from Five Leaf, the numbers are still a bit high, but have come down so much, that my vet was puzzled. The numbers, as of April 16, 2012, were: BUN at 76 mg/dL, CREA at 1.9 mg/dL, and the ALT at 198 U/L. I have started a third 3-week cycle which will end in one week, and am confident that these numbers have improved additionally.

There are some veterinarian websites that, without having tried these products, state that they can be dangerous, that they do not work, and that IF they work it is due to the placebo effect! How can it be the placebo effect on a pet??? Plus, the numbers clearly indicate that the products work! So, my advise to anyone with a pet in a similar condition as my Brea is: GIVE IT A TRY. You have nothing to lose!

Correction, you will be short of a couple hundred dollars, but in my opinion, our little companions are worth that small investment.

Thank you, Five Leaf, and thank you Amanda, for the wonderful and important work that you do. Brea and I love you lots!

Dr.Alexandra David – Professor of Piano

Shepherd, MI*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.




Rose is a 14 year old Cockapoo who is my baby. She has had a heart murmur for several years and recently was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. She is on Lasix, Enalapril and Vetmedin. She has a horrible cough that scares me to death. I looked online for anything that would help. I found Amanda’s website a few months ago and immediately started ordering product. I initially couldn’t afford to get everything, but I got what I could. I began making her food and giving her the dog greens, cayenne, ginger and heart tonic. She was still coughing really bad at night. One time I almost took her to the emergency vet because she was shaking so badly. I called Amanda the other day and she told me step by step how to do the hydrotherapy. Today is only the 4th day I’ve been doing it and for the last 2 nights she hasn’t woken me up coughing! I heard a little tiny cough one time and she went back to sleep! I’m truly amazed! I ordered everything else Amanda has and plan to follow it to the T. I’m so thrilled that her cough is subsiding. Thank you Amanda! I’m believing that her little heart is healing.

Suzanne Tetreault

Fall River, MA*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.




My 12 yr old toy poodle, Noah, had his way with a box of chocolates a few weeks before Christmas 2011. He became gravely ill and was rushed to an Emergency vet. They told me had pancreatitis and kidney failure (and he has been on meds/ treated for congestive heart failure and thyroid disorder for 2 yrs) They took him off his heart meds to protect the kidneys and told me with his BUN levels at 168 he would not likely make it. Thank God I found Amanda and Five Leaf.
Immediately I ordered the Canine Heart AND Kidney package. After talking at length with Amanda and agreeing on protocols to give Noah the many formulas, hydrotherapy and sub Q fluids, we brought him home from the hospital where they really did not want me to “disturb” him anyway. With Amanda, I had hope. I gave Noah the powders and tinctures 8 times a day as well as followed the entire protocol she gave with my packages. In 3 days his BUN went from 168 to 48 and in one week it went to 28. They call him a MIRACLE! There were several miracles! One is that his tongue went necrotic and the top sloughed off and the tip end broke off. They told me he would need a feeding tube but we believe the many dosages of pure cayenne pepper and hydrotherapy helped regenerate enough of his tongue so that he can successfully drink and eat! Now thats a miracle!. It has been just over 3 months and our precious Noah is alive and well. He loves his walks and in the course of a day must bring out 5 or 6 toys out of his toybox to play.
On a cosmetic note, the pesky stains he has always been plagued with under his eyes are gone as well! He is a true testimony to the power of Gods pharmacy! Thanks Amanda and 5 Leaf for your knowledge and caring. Noah is our joy and would not be here without you!

Laura Vann

Citrus Heights, CA*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.



I am so grateful for Amanda. She has a big heart and was so helpful to me and my poodle Dancy recently when his life was hanging in the balance. On Sept. 18, 2011, Dancy got extremely ill. I found him lying in the front flower bed under some shrubs, I believe he was trying to go off to die. He had been vomiting and was extremely weak. I took him to the vet, where he was diagnosed with pancreatitis and placed on IV fluids and pain medication. After x-rays and bloodwork, the vet also diagnosed him with heart failure, kidney failure, liver failure and fluid in the lungs. The vet stated that he had never seen a dog with that much wrong with it at one time. He said that he was in total organ failure and placed him on a heart medicine and diuretics. He said that his heart murmur was so bad (Grade IV) that it sounded just like running water, no distinctive heart tones were audible. He said that Dancy could just drop dead from a heart attack any moment. He did not think that he would survive. After 3 days in the hospital, and no improvement, the vet sent him home for the evening with the instructions that we should bring him back to the hospital the next morning. His reasoning was that Dancy was so depressed that he felt it would be better for him to be home with his family, rather than being left unattended at the animal hospital overnight. They sent him home with a bottle of heart pills and diuretics and told me that they would reimburse me if I didn’t use them. I knew then that they didn’t expect him to live through the night. Dancy was so ill that he would not hold his head up, I had to carry him to the car.

After I arrived home, I knew I had to make a decision. It didn’t seem reasonable to me to give him a diuretic as he had been vomiting and dehydrated. I knew the diuretic would kill him. So, I decided at that point NOT to give him the diuretic nor the heart medication. I use natural healing methods (herbs, hydrotherapy) for my family members, so I thought I would try that. That is when I discovered It was basically the same program that I have used on myself. The website was so detailed and I began to feel hopeful when I read the testimonials. I actually had the herbal remedies at home as I use these things all the time. So, I started with the hydrotherapy and herbal remedies that evening. I called and left a message and soon afterward Amanda called me back and she was absolutely wonderful! She even sent me a very lengthy and detailed email on making some herbal diuretics. She agreed with me on my reluctance to use the heart medication and diuretic from the vet. I took that as a confirmation that I had made the right decision. So, I phoned the vet the next morning and told them that I had just decided to keep him at home, because if he was just going to die anyway I would rather him be home in his own bed surrounded by his family. Besides, I believed that he would die for certain if I carried him back to the vet. I had to syringe feed Dancy all his food as he had no appetite at all and was still vomiting. He was so weak that I could not put him in the tub for hydrotherapy, so I improvised by using a hot washcloth with a hot water bottle alternating with an ice pack. I did this over the heart/pancreas area, and the kidney area 2-3 times per day. I also gave the herbal formulas a minimum of 16 times per day.

It was very labor intensive, but Dancy is such a sweet, little dog and I just felt like I had to give him a chance. Besides, I had spent $400+ for those 3 days at the vet, and I couldn’t bear to spend that amount of money in this tough economy and then still end up with a dead dog.

It was a full 2 weeks before Dancy would take any food on his own. But, he was up and about and getting stronger everyday. At this point I took him back to the vet so that they could see his progress. They were shocked when I handed them the bottles holding the diuretic and heart medication and told them that I never used any of it. I detailed what I had done. They were amazed. By 3 weeks, Dancy was eating like a pig and running and jumping again, and fighting with his rat terrier brother!

It is now 10/27/2011. Dancy looks and acts healthier than I have ever seen him. He has a great appetite, no coughing, no vomiting and he is pooping and urinating normally. I can hear heart tones through my stethoscope. And honestly, the murmur is not very significant. This dog runs, barks, jumps on the bed, and has sparkling eyes and a nice coat. I know this sounds too good to be true, but I give you my word that it is the truth. The vet mentioned that I ought to come and have more blood work done and x-rays to check his progress, but why would I do that? I might consider it if they wanted to do it for free, but I refuse to spend more money in a place that didn’t help. The proof is in the poodle. He is happily enjoying life again: lying out in the sunshine chewing on a raw deer bone and barking at the neighbor dogs.

Again, I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you to Amanda. The LORD used her to guide me to the truth. I am so grateful. So, if you are out there and skeptical, but you have a sick pet….GO FOR IT!!!!!
You will be so glad that you did.

Lisa Mccarter

Olive Branch, MS*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.



Amanda, A picture is worth a thousand words. Tiger came to us in December of 2004 as a rescue. He was approximately 18 months old and had been severely abused, shot, and as the vet put it “so infested with heartworms it’s a wonder he’s still alive”. The owner was witnessed trying to scare him into traffic on a very busy street in front of his house and the good Samaritan that stopped was told he couldn’t afford dog food and cigarettes so the dog had to go. After getting him vet checked it took me two months to get him in good enough shape to go thru with the heartworm treatment. After the treatment, he did so bad that I had to go back to the vet twice to get the second treatment. By this time he was not eating and I was feeding him baby food, electrolytes, and protein powder out of a turkey baster. On Easter eve of 2005 Tiger “threw” a heartworm and had to be rushed to the emergency vet clinic. These things can only happen at 2am! He again barely made it. Unfortunately, this incident put him into CHF. After draining him for several months my regular vet declined to further treat Tiger, saying that I was being inhumane and needed to put him down. I made the date and on the day that he was supposed to go to the vet it was a beautiful sunny spring day. He was outside rolling his extended belly around in the grass enjoying life and I decided then and there that if this dog had to die, then he was going to die with a few happy days in his life. With the intention of giving him just a few more “normal” days I started research on the internet. When I found your site, I new that this was the chance he needed. We went on the full regime immediately. With the help of a new vet, who was open to different treatment options, I continued to drain Tiger for several more months. Sometimes every other week, sometimes once a month. He gradually got his appetite back and was put on calcium (for loss of protein during draining) and COQ10 in addition to the “full regime”. Today, Tiger jogs two miles a day and had logged countless hours out horseback riding with me. Our new vet cannot believe how great he looks and what great shape he is in. I had a full slate of tests done and he was in perfect ranges on them all. Tiger and I wanted to THANK YOU for all the work that you do, your help on the phone, and let you know that we spread the word far and wide on what a great product line you offer! Sincerely,

Dorothy Moore
Magnolia, Texas*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


My story is like many of the others that are on this site. Tedi, my 12 year old Maltese was diagnosed with a heart murmur in Dec. 03. He was put on two different heart medications in Sept. 04, Lasix, and Enacard. The trouble started in June 04, the heart meds were causing trouble with his kidneys, thus kidney disease. We kept him on the lasix, and he did fine for quit awhile. This past June he had a very bad pancreatitis attack, that was taken care of, and two weeks later he starting getting very sick again. It turned out to be kidney failure. We had him on fluids at the vet office for two days, and he seemed better. But, as soon as he was off, he went down again. The Dr. told me his time was short, and he was to have sub fluids at home to keep him going. At this point he had gotten very thin, and it was very hard to get him to eat or drink. So, I got mad, and frustrated, and if your reading this, you know what I mean!!! I got on the internet because I was not going to give up on Tedi, that’s way too easy. I found FIVE LEAF and Amanda as soon as I went online. I started the hydrotherapy that night, and Tedi seemed to perk up a little. The following morning I did another treatment and again, he seemed a little better. I spoke with Amanda, who has such compassion and knowledge about the product, I knew I had to use her program. I started Tedi on the heart and kidney programs in the middle of July. His kidney function started getting a little better everyday. The third week of the program he had a set back, but Amanda told me not to give up, she has seen dogs rebound from far worse. That was all I needed to hear. Since then Tedi got a little better everyday. It is now the beginning of November, and I’m soooo happy to say, that Tedi has gained back some of his weight, has a healthy appetite and has good energy. If I didn’t see his recovery with my own eyes, I probably would not believe it. He is now off of all heart medication, and strictly on Amanda’s herbs.

Thank you Amanda,
Ellane Dean

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


FYI, it’s almost one year since Toby was very sick (almost dead), and she is doing amazingly well. My vet calls her the miracle dog. My vet even referred someone else, Judy G., to you through me. The true test was that I brought her in last week for something else, and a different vet saw her. She checked her heart and lungs and mumbled “heart and lungs sound good,” to which I replied “REALLY???” And she looked at me perplexed. I reminded her that Toby was diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy last winter, and she glanced at the chart and said “hmmm….and that’s my writing too….WOW.” Thanks for giving me this extra time with my precious friend!!!! She is happy and active and jumping on people and chasing little animals again!

Best regards,
Paige LaBella*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.

This is how I saved my dog’s life. In black and white from my regular Vet’s own Patient Chart. I also consulted a “holistic Vet” who has published 3 books on “alternative Veterinary medicine” and is a regular contributor to a pet magazine on articles of natural alternatives as an expert. He gave me no more hope than my regular vet and also told me my dog’s heart could NOT heal. I STILL had to find Amanda and the program that HEALED my dog’s heart my self! I had also sought help from my own herbalist (of Traditional Chinese Medicine) to no avail. Bat’s heart and lungs worsened. Finally I asked my Vet “On a scale of 1-10 where would Bat’s heart disease be?” When he said 6 I knew I had to DO SOMETHING ELSE. The Vet was hesitant of some of the ingredients in Amanda’s program and warned me against possible dangers. The “holistic” Vet said he was o.k. with the ingredients and they shouldn’t do any harm. Still fearful that I might end up killing the dog I was trying to save I began, since he was speeding toward death’s door as it was. Always, Always, Always do your OWN research and don’t be dissuaded. If I had listened to my regular Vet’s fears of the ingredients in Amanda’s program my dog WOULD have SUFFERED and DIED. If I would have listened to the “holistic Vet” I would have felt like I had wasted my money, time and effort. PATIENT INFORMATION My husband and I adopted Bat, he was named by the shelter, his Birthday is an estimate from the shelter Vet. Name: Bat Species: Canine Sex: Male, Neutered Breed: Chihuahua Mix Birthday: 01/05/95 Age: 11 Color: Red Weight: 12.10 lbs Medical History *** 09-27-04 ASSESSMENT: Diagnoses HEART FAILURE, CONGESTIVE Mouth & Oral Needs dental. Abort surgical procedures and take chest rad. Lateral and VD radiographs of chest show bilateral cardiomegaly with large degree of pulmonary congestion. Heart & Cardiovascular Heart rate is increased Can turn cyanotic when stressed excessively Lasix 12.5mg Give 1 tablet orally every 12 hours or twice a day for diuresis. Return for refill. Enalapril 2.5mg Give 1 tablet orally every 12 hours or twice a day. Return for refill PLAN, Diagnostic Recommended ultrasound of heart and heart base. 10-27-04 Lasix 12.5mg Give 1/2 tablet orally every 24 hours or once a day for diuresis. Return for refill. Enalapril 2.5mg Give 1 tablet orally every 24 hours or once a day. Return for refill. 12-27-04 Echo Dopplar Echocardiogram & Ultrasound 03-12-05 SUBJECTIVE: Presented for checkup of heart. Heart rate is steady, calm. Respiratory effort is normal & not panting as usual. PLAN, Therapeutic: Increase lasix to B/D. If still lethargic after 1 week, increase enalapril. 04/16/05 I consulted with “holistic Vet” and started Bat on Amanda’s program. 08-18-05 Appointment notes: Doppler Echocardiogram – Ultrasound Enalapril 2.5mg Give 1 tablet every 24 hours or once a day. Return for refill. My Vet made NO notes in Bat’s chart to express how Bat’s heart had miraculously healed. However as you can see below approximately 1 month later he was able to perform the teeth cleaning with NO problems at all! When I consulted with my Vet after Bat’s ultrasound I could see the shock and surprise on his face and he said Bat’s heart showed amazing improvement. He told me that he and the Doctor who did the ultrasound were surprised and very please with the improvement!!! 09-15-05 Dental Report Dental scale, polish. Teeth cleaned well. No extractions. Declined: Bordetella Vaccination, DA2PLP Vaccination, Corona Vaccination 01-13-06 Appointment notes for 01-13-06 Owner signed decline on all other vaccines. Owner opted to stop Enalapril and Lasix medications and seek out herbal methods. 06-30-06 Dental Report Dental scale, polish. Teeth cleaned well. Four minor extractions, incisors Removal of skin tags 4 Nail Trim My Vet was able to clean Bat’s teeth, extract 4 front lower teeth, removed 4 skin tags and trimmed his nails all while under anesthesia! Before I started Amanda’s program the Vet could not even get him completely under anesthesia because his weak sick little heart could not pump enough blood to keep is oxygen level high enough. #1 GET THIS PROGRAM #2 Keep a journal of progress #3 Write a testimonial for others to show them it CAN and HAS been done! We are saving our dogs lives. #4 Tell others. Nothing means more than hearing the success someone else has had.

Shelly Felton*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Last summer (2005), Poodle, my 12-year-old Chihuahua mix, began having fainting spells and coughing uncontrollably. The veterinarian diagnosed a heart murmur and put her on Enacard. After about a month, not only had she not improved, but her belly also began to swell. This time the vet diagnosed congestive heart failure and added Lasix for the swelling, but he told me up front that he didn’t expect her to live until the end of the year. The Lasix helped temporarily, but then the swelling came back, so I took her in to have the fluid drained. That didn’t work for very long, though. When she wasn’t coughing, she was lying on her side and laboring to breathe; she was also still fainting just about every day, sometimes more than once a day. I could tell she was miserable. I’ve had Poodle since she was a tiny puppy, and watching my sweet, gentle little girl go downhill was breaking my heart. I found the Canine Heart Health Web site and decided to order a package, figuring she didn’t have anything to lose. I started her on the medicines and hydrotherapy, and I also started exercising her by having her walk up and down the stairs. Sure enough, little by little, she got stronger, the fainting spells subsided, and the swelling went down. More than a year later, she’s still with me. I’ve added vegetables and watermelon to her diet, and she’s now able to go for a 12-block walk every day. (She still has to be drained from time to time, but the amount of fluid is nothing compared to what it was.) The vet says he doesn’t understand how your program works–but he does know that if I hadn’t tried it, she wouldn’t be here now. Thank you!

Tom Nichols
Birmingham, Alabama*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Dear Amanda: Thank you so much for educating us with regard to Winnie’s heart disease. If not for you and your vast knowledge it is highly unlikely Winnie would be running around today. Winnie was so sick with an extremely severe cough that a second did not go by without hearing a vicious hacking cough that we spent days at the veterinarian office attempting to find a solution for Winnie. Unfortunately, the cough was so persistent that we were afraid we were going to have to put Winnie to sleep because he was suffering at this point. The hours you spent educating us about the ways to heal Winnie’s heart naturally made us feel we had to take the chance to go this route to try to save Winnie. All we can do is say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for giving us the opportunity to bring Winnie back to life. It took a full week working with Winnie following your program before the cough began to ease a bit which was really a miracle because we never thought this would ever happen. By the end of the first week Winnie was able to move around a little without the continuous cough and was a little more alert. We followed the program exactly as it was written in your pamphlet and cooked all the foods for him and by the second week the cough was continuing to cease. All we can say is every step was worthwhile even though it required a rigid schedule because it is now six weeks later and guess what, Winnie is not coughing at all! In fact, we visited the veterinarian yesterday who told us she did not want to alarm us after the last visit because she thought it was the end of Winnie’s life and was going to suggest we put him to sleep. Believe it or not, yesterday’s X-ray showed the airway passages were no longer collapsed and the enlarged heart did shrink somewhat. We still have a way to go but we now know every step was worthwhile and hopefully Winnie’s next visit will show even more improvement. It was quite strange because the doctor actually stared at the X-ray wondering how this happened and did specifically say this is unusual and not likely to happen with heart disease and could not figure out how this happened. Again, thank you Amanda for convincing us that Winnie could actually get better and we would be able to conquer his heart problem if we listened to you. Winnie is now running around the house, eating nicely and very playful which we never in our wildest dreams ever expected to see. All we can hope is others listen to you and give you the chance to help them as you have helped us. Winnie certainly says thank you also for adding time to his life and mostly for freeing him from the cough.

Barbara, Jodie and Amy Siegel (Winnie too!)
Ft. Lauderdale, FL*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Hi Amanda, How nice, you remember about us:) My girl’s name is Dislek (Toothy, in English) and she’s doing great. I was planning to tell you those anyway: I took her to an animal hospital for a detailed examination of her heart last week. They looked at her EKG and x-rays etc. The vet -who was not his actual vet- didn’t believe when I told about her past, because her heart is in a very good shape now. He said that there was literally nothing wrong with her – only, the size of her heart appeared relatively large, but not any larger than it was last year. And it’s still within the limits. She has not even coughed after she took your Herbs and Carnitine & Taurine. Thank you very much for this incredible thing, we are extremely happy. Her picture is attached – you’ll see why her name is Toothy:)

Best, Yaprak Tutun

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Almost two years ago my 13 year old Yorkie, Sammy, was rushed to the hospital with pancreatitis. While he was there, he was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. I was panicked. My Vet told me to just make him comfortable, that he would not be with us much longer. He put Sammy on Lasix and Enalipril and we brought him home. A few months passed, we were living with Sammy’s heart problem day to day, not knowing what to expect. My Vet called and suggested that I check out your web site. I immediately ordered the package for Sammy’s size, and started Hydro Therapy and followed the recommended diet. In a few short days, the package arrived with what I hoped would be an answer to our sad dilemma. I’m happy to report to you that Sammy is just approaching his 15th year, and is as spunky and rambunctious as ever. He’s bright and alert, doesn’t have any stomach problems, no recurrence of pancreatitis. And I attribute your Canine Heart Health Program with his recovery. He even goes to the tub to remind me when he needs his Hydro. One visit a few months after treatment with Canine Heart Health Program began, my Vet said that his murmur had gone down a degree. He was amazed, and I found that he is recommending your program to other clients. I imagined you probably wondered why my quantities increased. Two months ago, my 14 year old Lab, Louie, starting coughing. I feared the worst, and sure enough, he was diagnosed with CHF as well. I started him on the same treatment (a bit more, though!), and within two weeks his murmur had decreased by one degree. His coughing is just about non-existent now. I think we caught this one earlier than Sammy’s, so I’m hoping that he will be with us many more years. I think Sammy’s prognosis is proof that he will. I thank you so much for your wonderful product and program. I especially like that it’s all natural. My Husband and I are even taking Hawthorne and Cayenne now! You brought me hope! And returned my Sammy.

Thank you,
Christine Knott*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


I met Amanda from Five Leaf in a haze of tears. It was Valentines day 2004 and I’d just come home from the Vet with my Fluffy – who I’d recently adopted from Oldies but Goodies Cocker Rescue in Northern VA. The vet had just told me Fluffy had a grade IV heart enlargement and that I’d be lucky if he survived 4 more months. He was to have no excitement as this would aggravate both his heart and the terrible gut wrenching cough he’d developed, no long walks, no special doggie treats…. I hit the internet. That’s where I met Amanda – who not only saved my Fluff’s life but improved my Jussie’s too – and not to mention what she did for me. You see I’d lost two Cockers just 6 months before who’d been with me for many years and they went to the Rainbow Bridge on the same day – talk about heartbreak. The thought of losing another one was pretty much more than I could take – So yes; Amanda saved me too. She called me and patiently guided me through the various therapies and remedies, explained diets and how to prepare them and educated me on the healing properties of L-Carnitine and Taurine and superfoods (dog greens), ginger, cayenne pepper and heart tonic. She sat on the phone with me for two hours. As soon as I hung up I picked up my poor little coughing wheezie boy and immediately started him on the hot and cold water spray, leaving him in front of the fire to dry off and stay warm I then went to the store and bought up all the fresh ingredients I could find – the dogs ate better than I did!! Amanda express shipped me everything I needed to start the healing program so I could give him a jump start on getting better…..

I’m happy to report that six months later not only have both my dog’s health and quality of life improved – they are a couple of little monkeys… into EVERYTHING, constantly up under my feet, chasing up and down the 32 stairs we have in our new home in Germany , and after that first week I’ve never heard him cough since. I can never express how truly grateful I am to Amanda but I’m very happy to tell the world that I’ve got two of happiest healthiest “Oldies but Goodies” and a wonderful new friend in Amanda.

God Bless you Amanda – you have my undying appreciation for your selfless efforts on our behalf.

Lizz Ward

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


If you’re anything like me, your “pet” is your best friend, a member of the family, and the light of your life. So watching your pet get older is anything but easy.

I put my 12 year old Cock-a-Poo, Abbey, on Glucosamine and Arthogen when I was told she had bone spurs in her hips and arthritis in her spine. Abbey and I had recently moved to Florida from Toronto, ON. I figured, why not let her retire in the South! However, I noticed over the past few months that she’d been coughing. Sort of a “gagging on a hair ball” kind of cough. I assumed it was allergies. My world kinda stood still when the Vet told me after a recent check-up that she had an enlarged left ventricle in her heart and thus was in the beginning stages of heart failure. Heart failure? My Abbey? No.

I went home and poured over the research online. All I got was – “treat, treat, treat, progress, treat, re-assess and then final treatments prior to death”. Wait a second!!! Why isn’t there anything on “re-build, heal, prevent, maintain?”. Then I came across the Canine Heart Health site, the same one you are on right now. After reading it all over, I faxed a copy of the program to my Vet for her opinion and clearance. She said there was nothing in the program that seemed harmful and to go ahead and try it. I ordered the entire program. Without sugar coating anything, it is LABOR INTENSIVE. With Amanda’s help, we figured out ways to cut down on steps and make it easier on us all (especially Abbey). I am the optimist, and my husband a true realist…so I kept asking, “Is it me, or is her coughing getting better?”. He was too guarded to answer too quickly. After 6 weeks, I took her back to the Vet to be re-checked.

Abbey’s heart was x-rayed again, and the Vet said, “I am not trained in holistic medicines. I am a medical Doctor, but whatever you are doing, if it’s not bothering Abbey or making her sick, don’t stop doing it.” Abbey’s enlargement had shrunk! And in Dr. Goté’s own words, “significantly”. It had shrank to the point where it was not pressing on her breathing tube anymore (which is what causes the gagging and coughing). I was beyond happy. I was elated!

Now, here is even more “proof in the pudding.” I had slacked a little on re-ordering a new kit of tinctures. During those few weeks, Abbey’s cough began to worsen again. I ordered immediately and got her back on the program. It’s been one bottle of Hawthorne and one bottle of Heart Tonic (plus all powdered supplements) later, and I am no longer waking up to her my poor thing coughing in her bed. She is not gagging after waking from a nap, she is BARELY COUGHING AT ALL! From 4-5 times a day to MAYBE once (if that).

I can only tell you what I know. I went in thinking, “could this really work?”, and my answer was…I have to try!!! She has been unconditional in her love, and she deserves the best shot here. Well folks… it’s working!

Abbey is going to have her liver enzymes checked soon too. So, if Amanda wouldn’t mind. I will post the results from her next round of blood work and x-rays
and share even more good news. God willing.

Try it. It works. You and your best bud won’t be sorry! Many happy and healthy days to you all!!!! Should you want to email me and ask me anything or if you need any support with how to make the program easier to administer, email me at

Eva & Abbey*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


“Dear Amanda, Thank you for the opportunity to fix my baby (Corvette). We went to the veterinarian to get our baby fixed and they said that they can’t fix his heart. So, we went on the Internet to see if we could get any information and found your web site. If we wouldn’t have found you,we would have lost Corvette. Now our baby doesn’t cough anymore and he is very active. Again, thank you!”

Allan and Rachel Ballor
Pensacola, Florida*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Five and a half years ago we were lucky enough to visit the local RSPCA centre and be chosen by Lottie, a nine year old Jack Russell / Corgi cross, as her new owners. She quickly became an important part of the family and is adored by all who meet her. During a routine check up at the vets we were given the devastating news that she had a heart murmur and was suffering from heart failure. The usual medicines were prescribed. We knew what would eventually happen as we had already lost our first dog, Dusty, to this disease.

In August 2003 we gave a home to a scruffy Jack Russell / Pomeranian cross who had been abandoned on a main road and we named Tufty. She was also diagnosed with CHF and she succumbed within five weeks of her first cough. Our vet called at home to put her out of her misery last July. We were both devastated as she had captured our hearts in the two years she was with us.

Last August Lottie began coughing and our hearts sank as we knew it was the beginning of the end. The vet gave her six months realistically, and a year at the absolute outside. Doses of her medications were tweaked and, apart from the coughing, there was no real discernible deterioration in her health but we knew what was coming.

Shortly after Christmas the coughing became more pronounced and the amount of exercise she could manage got less and less. Her belly also began to swell as her heart became less able to pump away the fluid build up. We had her drained and the meds were upped but to no avail – the fluid still accumulated quickly. In desperation, we turned to the Internet and soon found Amanda’s web site, Five Leaf. We read, and re-read, all the pages, including all the heartfelt testimonials, and rang her for a chat. With nothing to lose, and lots to gain, we ordered the appropriate Canine Heart Health Programme and, whilst awaiting their arrival, began the water therapy and bought some ginger tablets.

Realistically, the day we rang Amanda should have been the day that we said “goodbye” to Lottie for the last time. She is our little girl and we wanted to give her one last chance. That was on 24th January. Today is the 20th of March and, although Lottie still needs to be drained occasionally (the last time was 3½ weeks ago), she is behaving like a puppy again. Her diet has been changed in accordance with Amanda’s suggestions – she loves her new food and the way she devours the dog greens is amazing. We know we shall lose her one day but, for the time being, we have our little dog back. Amanda and Five Leaf, prayer and our, and Lottie’s, determination have shown us that the vets diagnosis of CHF is not, in itself, the immediate death sentence we believed it to be and the thought of having her drained no longer fills us with trepidation. We are still taking it a day at a time but we are also cautiously optimistic about the immediate future. Further ahead – who knows, but we cannot thank Amanda enough for her help, advice and her products. The word “miracle” is often over used but, in this instance, it is quite appropriate.

If your vet has given up on your pet but you haven’t, let Amanda and Five Leaf give you hope. Like us, you have nothing to lose and your dogs life to gain.

Max & Becky Cope
and Lottie*

20th March 2006

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Back in March of 2004, my wife and I noticed Sassy our little half Maltese & half Pomeranian coughing. When we took her to the Veterinarian, he informed us that she had an enlarged heart. Since her heart was enlarged, it was pressing against her esophagus causing her to cough. Needless to say the outlook from the Vet was not very encouraging. They are as bad as people doctors when it comes to their gloom and doom prognosis. I guess they do it to cover their butts in case something does go wrong, just like people doctors! Well anyway, the vet suggested that she be put on Lasix (a very strong diuretic to relieve the fluid off the heart) and also put her on a very strong narcotic cough medicine. He warned us that the Lasix could cause her to go into renal failure. GUESS WHAT! She did! Why in the world would he give it to her in the first place is just beyond me! Hello! Well, I do know why. He went to Texas A & M University. He is an Aggie! (Lil Texas joke) When she went into renal failure, my wife and I took her to a 24-hour care veterinary center. Our poor little dog was lifeless! If we hadn’t taken her that day, she would have died. The vet at the 24-hour care center put her on an IV drip to flush out the poison in her kidneys. She was on The IV for a solid week. His prognosis wasn’t any better than the other vet’s. I wonder if he went to Texas A & M also? YES! Well after a week in the hospital and over $2000.00 later, we got to take her home. The vet put her on C-Spiron, which is a milder diuretic and also prescribed Enacard for the weak valves in her heart. The medicine worked for a little while, maybe a month or so. The coughing returned! The only thing that the vet said he could do is increase the dosage on her medicine. In other words put a bigger band-aid on the problem. Think about it. The only thing a doctor or a vet can do is prescribe medicine or cut something out of you. They DO NOT heal! Because I knew there were alternative medicines for people, I jumped on the Internet to see what I could find for Sassy. What I did was Google {heart disease in dogs}. The first site I came to was Amanda’s, Five Leaf. What a God Send that was! After a lengthy and VERY informative conversation with Amanda, I ordered the products that she recommended. After administering the herbs and doing the hydrotherapy for only three days, I started noticing the coughing becoming less and less. After the first week on the program Sassy lost a whole pound of water weight, that’s a lot considering she only weighed 9 lbs! Before starting the cleansing her kidneys were sore and she would cringe when I would pet her along her back, that’s now completely gone. I made sure I got her off those meds just as soon as I could and Sassy is now 15 yrs old and full of piss and vinegar, AND NO COUGHING! This crazy little dog chases the cats around the house like she is a puppy. It is truly AMAZING! Why do the herbs work? Because they actually heal the heart, not just put a band-aid on the problem. The heart is a muscle and can be repaired just like the muscles in your legs or arms. They just need the proper therapy. If you are looking into this form of treatment and are on the fence about whether or not you should try it, maybe this will push you over. IT REALLY WORKS! And if you don’t believe me, I’ll send you a picture of the little rascal chasing the cats. Thank you Amanda for all that you have done!

With much love,
Casey & Patty Shawver
Mabank, Texas*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


Dear Amanda,

Thank you again for saving our precious Newman. Newman was diagnosed 2 years ago with heart disease, told by her vet that she had a few months to left. 2 years ago!!

She has some of the most progressed heart disease her cardiologist has ever seen and he has always been amazed at her longevity despite her condition. For two years she has received traditional medications and a variety of herbal supplements. But several weeks, her usual regimen started failing her. Her heart rate went from 100 up to 190 and she lost a pound (she only weighed 12 to begin with!) Her breathing was labored and she was lethargic.

I was devastated and searched on-line for help. As soon as I saw your product, I ordered the entire program, opted for expedited shipping & had it the next day! Within one week, she was getting back to her usual self & two weeks later is back down to a 100 heart rate, wagging her tail and back up to 12 pounds! At her cardiologist visit last week, her doctor was amazed at the strength of her heart.

Our family is extremely grateful to you for saving our girl!!
She is happy & feeling so much better – and so are we!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you –
Love, Carol Montie and family*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.



Dear Amanda,

This picture turned out kind of dark but here is my little Tinkerbell. I got her three years ago from a rescue society. She was a stray and no one had any history on her. She began coughing several weeks after coming to our home and the vet said she had a very serious heart murmur. He put her on two heart meds and I took her for an ultrasound but basically the verdict was no one knows how long she will be with us. A few months ago she began really going downhill. I took her to the vet, got the same verdict and basically came home and prayed with every breath that she would just go to sleep and not wake up.

There was no hope for her to be cured and I could not bear the thought of having to take her in…Well, she got weak so fast. She is only 4 pounds soaking wet and has always been a picky eater. She lost weight and the cough became non-stop. Weaker and weaker she became but I could not bring myself to take her in because she was still eating and going to the bathroom.

I began again looking thru the internet and found your website. I immediately got out my debit card and ordered the Heart Tonic. I was sure it was too late. I called you the next morning and you said it would be here by Wednesday. Could she hold on that long? By Wednesday she could not walk, could not stand up by herself and wouldn’t lift her head from the pillow. She had a couple of wetting accidents from being so weak. But the tonic arrived and I immediately began giving it to her. I gave her the first dose, then one before we went to bed, then one again about 2 in the morning, and again when we got up at 5:30. Came home from work to check on her at 10:30 that Thursday and she was sitting up on the couch. By Friday night she was able to get to the water dish on her own. It is now Tuesday night (6 days with the tonic) and she is barking at the other dogs when they get near her food.

Last night she ate a huge supper of steak and rice and tonight more than a cup of rice and turkey. She has been upstairs with my while I did some sewing and she is sitting with Daddy right now while he watches a movie. I am astounded!! She now meets us at the door with the other two when we get home from work, wagging her tail and yapping! I would have never believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes!

We are new to this program and have a lot to learn but I look forward to adding more of you products into her daily regimen. She is still very boney, if you could see past her little dress you would see her ribs and backbone, but hopefully she can now gain some weight. I know I can’t keep her forever but I want to keep her healthy for as longs as God lets her stay with me.

Thank you for such a wonderful, natural product! I will keep you posted on her improvements!

Brenda Jo Nanni*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


It is December 2005. I just tucked my little Tiki (16 Year old Chihuahua) in bed for the night. Pretty good for a dead Chihuahua. At least according to the three different veterinarians.

Our story begins one Friday evening in June of 2005. Tiki began coughing uncontrollably that Friday evening. It was strange because she didn’t have any other symptoms. She continued all night. Saturday morning we took Tiki to the Doctor and to my surprise the Doctor said Tiki was in congestive heart failure (CHF) and had fluid in her lungs. I was told she needed heart medication and a fluid pill.

If there was one thing I learned in the medical field, once on medication, you could be sure there would be other medications to follow because of side effects. We would have patients come in with grocery bags filled with medications. I knew I didn’t want my little Tiki to eventually end up with tons of medications and more problems. I started Tiki on the medications immediately because the doctors told me if I didn’t she would die. But… When I got home I started researching CHF and found Canine Heart Health. I called and spoke with Amanda and decided to get the whole system. It all made sense to me. I figured I could give Tiki the drugs until the herbs got here.

Within 4-5 days of taking the drugs, Tiki began to refuse the medications, became lethargic, stopped eating and was doing some kind of swallowing thing. I took her back to the Doctor that day. The Doctor was quite upset when he gave me the lab results. With tears in his eyes he said Tiki was in kidney failure now. This was due to the side effects of the medication. He said we were in a lose/lose situation. She could not take the heart medication because it affected her kidneys and she couldn’t take the kidney medication because it affected her heart. And… she had to have both or she would die within days.

He left me in the room to decide if I wanted to euthanize Tiki right then or let her die naturally. I began to grasp at straws. Tiki is not just a dog to me. She is part of my family. I called two other vets, one a Chinese Herbalist. The only one I knew of in my area. They both asked for her lab results. Both said they would recommend the same, euthanasia. I was sick. I decided to call Amanda and let her know what happened. She told me to pick up my little girl and run out of the Doctors office. She said she was sending the system overnight.

The next morning at 9am Tiki’s life saving system arrived. I called Amanda and she walked me through everything. By that afternoon Tiki was coming around. Within a couple of days she was eating again, interacting with us and her sisters. Everyday she got better and better and better. Approximately one week after her death diagnosis the Doctor called to check on her. Ironically enough Tiki was outside flopping upside down in the grass like she used to do. When I told the Doctor, he was completely confused. Happy but confused. I must admit I took and still do take one day at a time. This system is not like a medical take a pill and you are better. It’s a lifestyle change. My husband’s and my life have also changed. We had to change eating habits, recreational habits and this also bled into my business. We started giving Tiki 10-15 herbs a day, two or more hydrotherapy treatments on her heart, and constantly monitoring her heart rate, her water intake, how much she was urinating, how many bowel movements she was having and completely changed her diet. She improved dramatically everyday. She even had constipation problems that were now completely cleared up.

After three months, I took her back to the Doctor. First of all he was amazed she was alive and looking great!!! They ran the labs and it was amazing. The two labs that were imperative were the BUN and Creatinine levels. The BUN level back in June should have been no more than 24 hers was 144. The normal Creatinine level should have been no more than 1.8 hers was 4.2. When we went back to the Doctor in September her BUN was 44 and the most important, the Creatinine was 1.7. The Doctor was amazed. He said he had never seen anything like it. Absolutely no drugs touched her body! The Doctor said it was probably just a miracle. Sad Huh?!

I showed him the treatment schedule and gave him all of the information on the Canine Heart Health system. His reaction was, “I just don’t have the energy to learn anything more.”. I was sad for him and his patients. He had an avenue that could have saved someone else’s family member and decided it was too much work for him. How many other doctors feel this way. How many alternatives remedies are out there but they just don’t want to listen. I told him I would take the place of the liaison and get them to Amanda and he still said no. I then contacted the Chinese Herbalist Doctor that agreed with him to euthanize Tiki. Someone had to believe in this program and incorporate it into their practice. This Doctor also said it was probably a miracle because she had most of the herbs I told her I was giving Tiki and said they could not have done what I said.

That made it even more clear that you can’t just give one herb, it is a system that works together. The medical profession sees each organ separately and each symptom as a separate entity. They try to address the symptom and never get to the root of the problem. Amanda’s system addressed the whole body, not just the heart. I believe that’s why it worked for Tiki.

About five months into her healing treatment, I decided to try to put her back on regular dog food. I called the companies to check on the sodium levels. Avoiding sodium is imperative. I learned everything from Amanda. I found a “high grade, all natural” commercial dog food and gave it to her for one week. In one week she spiraled downhill. Thank goodness for Amanda, she has taught me well. I began to do all of the things again such as feeding watermelon (an excellent natural diuretic), increasing her doses of Rena-Cleanse formula (which I continue to use for it’s diuretic properties) and Cayenne pepper and Ginger. Adding more hydrotherapy and changing her food back to homemade. Within two days she was back to normal.

It’s been six months now. She is down to six herbs a day and two hydrotherapy treatments a day. She plays more now than she did before she got sick. She is much healthier than she has ever been. Her heart sounds better. I still have to be careful with sodium intake period, too much and her blood pressure and heart rate will increase and if the heart can’t keep up with the blood flow it will start backing up into her lungs again and cause more problems. I learned all this from Amanda. There was not a Doctor around that would take the time to teach me and that had a solution to the problem. They had plenty of drugs with plenty of side effects, but Amanda used everyday whole foods, herbs and a love for my Tiki to deal with each challenge. I am so thankful I met her. She has truly changed my life.

Since meeting Amanda, my little girl has had six months of life she would not have had, our eating habits and own healing habits have changed dramatically. I have become a vegetarian. I own a small hair salon and have completely changed all of the chemicals I used to natural Organic products. All of the products I sell are Organic. Now people know me as the “Herb Chick”. Most of my appointments entail answering questions for people about what herbs help what ailments. I have also contemplated going to school to become a Master Herbalist like Amanda. She has so much knowledge it’s amazing. I don’t know what I did to deserve meeting someone like her.

I took a big leap of faith when I ordered this whole system but I thought what do I have to lose. It’s only money. It has been the best decision of my life. I still have not met Amanda in person, but I trust her completely. When one of the girls is not feeling well, I call her. She seems to know more than the Doctors. Is the money I paid worth it? What would I pay for the health of my family? They money I paid is nothing compared to having my family here with me and healthy. I am so glad I took that leap of faith. Not only have I met someone that helps me with my girls health but has a heart of gold and I just love to be around someone with that kind of love in their heart.

Thank you so much Amanda for being the person you are !!!!

Aida Burt
Goose Creek, South Carolina*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


For 13 years we have takin the best of care i believed of the best dog ever,Taz. At the age of 10 was coughing or choking when he lay a certain way. We as always, trying to take the best of care, took him to our vet. Heart disease was the diagnosis. Of course whatever it takes meds meds and more meds. I have to say i always hated to see all the stuff he took salix 3 a day, enalapril 2 a day, 2 a day tussigon, 1 a day thyrossin all taking their toll on his kidneys. Not to mention all of the steroids he has been given for the allergies over the years.

All seemed to be stable till Sept of 05. We left for a vacation for 4 days and as always we left Taz in grandma’s hands. Well my wife called to check on things each day. Well Taz wasn’t eating but that’s how he has always protested our leaving him for any log time. He was only drinking alot of water. So we were already coming home we got the usual happy greeting from Taz. So we started to see if he would eat and he acted like he wanted to but as soon as he did eat a little up it came. This scared us, this is not Taz. So after a few more days and again going to the vet we were told kidney disease after a blood test. We were told the heart disease was under control but the kidney disease WILL KILL him.

This absolutely crushed us we again decided as long as he is not suffering we’ll do it. So fluids daily till he started eatin again. So in Nov he was back to eatin and actin a little better. The hole time we were prayin for him to make it till each of our Bdays in Nov then before Xmas it happened again. We was told that we had to go back to fluids every day. Well we tried this but nothing they tried was working. We were losing him so i started checkin the net for k9 kidney disease and found this site. Skeptical to say the least but kept it in mind. After a few days the vet was leaving the next day for vac says to us if you need us we’ll be ready to help. Meaning put Taz down knowin it’s close to time since he has went from 16lbs to 11.9. This told us what we were thinkin already but couldn’t say.

So when we got home i told my wife we had to try this treatment or that’s it. I could not put my best friend through much more. We agreed that if this did not work we would have tried everything. So i spoke to Amanda and filled her in on Tazz’s condition. I asked if it was too late and she replied if he’s breathing it’s never too late to try. So we ordered everything and began treatment, Taz still didn’t eat so we would force feed him. After each week he would act a little better but not eat, i felt almost like he forgot how. So one day while force feeding him i said Tazz if you don’t start eatin on your own we are startin to lose hope in tryin.

That next day i returned home from pickin up a fast food meal at Mcd’s. Well Taz went nuts on the smell, well if he would take any thing he could have it. He inhaled my sandwich we were so happy to see this. Hope had returned w/ the name of Amanda Banting my dogs guardian angel because hope was gone my dog was gone till we tried this life changing, eyeopening treatment .

Taz has been doin great and the other day the vet said he looked 5yrs younger. She cannot explain Tazz’s recovery but as of now he is off all prescription meds unbelievable as the vet said after we broke that news after the 5 yr comment. She said oh my, i must keep an eye on his heart my wife said not really he’s been off of them for months, her jaw dropped. The sad thing is are all the people we see come in and out of the vet and with the same problems without ever even the word of this alternative treatment SAD.


Sincerely, Keith Kim and Tazz, 14 and still goin strong.*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.


All reviews quoted are authentic and from actual Five Leaf Pet Botanicals customers. All reviews are documented and available for legal inspection. Emails, letters and pictures are used with permission. Individual results may vary.
Read all reviews >>

Share your story >>


If you're anything like me, your "pet" is your best friend, a member of the family, and the light of your life. So watching your pet get older is anything but easy.... My world kinda stood still when the Vet told me after a recent check-up that she had an enlarged left ventricle in her heart and thus was in the beginning stages of heart failure. Heart failure? My Abbey? No... Abbey's heart was x-rayed again, and the Vet said, "I am not trained in holistic medicines. I am a medical Doctor, but whatever you are doing, if it's not bothering Abbey or making her sick, don't stop doing it." Abbey's enlargement had shrunk! And in Dr. Goté's own words, "significantly". It had shrank to the point where it was not pressing on her breathing tube anymore (which is what causes the gagging and coughing). I was beyond happy. I was elated!... Try it. It works. You and your best bud won't be sorry! Many happy and healthy days to you all!!!*

*Results shared in reviews are not typical; your results may vary.

Read More

Sign up for our FREE Newsletter that includes tips and tricks that you can get started with today to help your dog regain his heart health



We NEVER sell, trade, rent, or reveal your personal information to others.


Hi and welcome to Five Leaf Pet Botanicals. My name is Amanda Banting, I am a Herbalist and the founder of Five Leaf Pet Botanicals.

We have been helping dogs with kidney, heart and liver disease live happier, healthier, longer lives for over eight years. Please read my story below to get an idea of who we are and how we can help.

Fourteen years ago one of my seven dogs, Tom (he was 6 years old at the time and my eldest), was diagnosed with heart disease, he was given only 6 - 12 months to live. I was devastated. My dogs are my children, so I could not accept his prognosis. I was already practicing natural healing and was very knowledgeable in the power of herbs as medicine, but my education had focused on treating humans, not canines. I, like many other dog owners, thought dogs were dogs - they were fed kibble, brought for walks, given vaccines here and there and they would live into their teens, hopefully dying in their sleep.

Since all my dogs were still young and relatively healthy up until that point, I never had to think about treating them with herbs and natural healing. Since the Vets had given me no hope for Tom and actually told me flat out ''there is no cure for heart disease'' I felt I had no choice but to take matters into my own hands...